download my full cv (Updated December 2020)
- 2020-Present Postdoctoral Researcher, Centre for the Synthesis and Analysis of Biodiversity (CESAB), French Foundation for Biodiversity Research (FRB), Montpellier
- 2018-2020 Postdoctoral Researcher, Institut de recherche pour le développement (IRD), Montpellier
- 2016-2018 Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew
- 2011-2015 NERC-funded PhD Studentship, Department of Life Sciences, Silwood Park, Imperial College London
- 2007-2011 4 year MBiolSci Degree, Department of Animal & Plant Sciences, University of Sheffield
- 2000-2007 King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford, Essex
- 2019 Advanced computer cluster use, IRD Montpellier
- 2018 Phylogenomics Software Symposium. University of Montpellier.
- 2017 Plant Health: Challenges and Solutions Antalya, Turkey.
- 2012 RAD-seq methodologies for ecological and evolutionary studies
- 2012 Generalised Linear Modelling in R, Imperial College London
grants, awards and memberships
- 2014 Best Presentation Prize at the 16th Young Systematists’ Forum at the Natural History Museum, London
- 2011-2015 NERC PhD Studentship
- 2010 Research Bursary from the Sheffield Undergraduate Research Education scheme.
- Member of the European Society for Evolutionary Biology
- Member of Phylosynth
- Reviews editor for Frontiers in Plant Science: Plant Systematics and Evolution
- Reviewer for: Molecular Ecology, New Phytologist, Evolution, BMC Evolutionary Biology, Peer community in Evolutionary Biology, Plant Systematics and Evolution, Forests, Annals of Botany
- 2016 Kew Science Festival. Species identification, DNA extraction and real-time DNA sequencing.
- 2015 “Bugs Day” Festival Imperial College London. DNA extraction hands-on with children.
- 2011 Published an account of a collection expedition to Uruguay in the bi-monthly journal of the British Killifish Association, Killi-news.
- 2011 Wrote an article for the Society of Biology on adaptive radiations in cichlids